THE PERILOUS PURSUIT: HOW OVERWORK IMPERILS LAWYERS’ CAREERS & BAR LICENSES
The legal profession demands a lot of lawyers. But what happens when you’re spread so thin that you make a mistake?
It’s not an exaggeration to say that your entire career and future could be affected.
In my latest podcast episode, Hilary Gerzhoy, the Vice Chair of HWG’s Legal Ethics and Malpractice Group, talks about the direct connection between overwork and bar disciplinary proceedings.
If you’re a practicing lawyer, you’re going to want to hear this episode.
WE EXPLORE TOPICS INCLUDING:
- How bar disciplinary proceedings arise for good lawyers who are overstretched;
- What lawyers who have gone through bar disciplinary proceedings say they would have done differently regarding setting boundaries when overstretched at work;
- Who bears the risk of being overstretched;
- The most important thing that lawyers can do to avoid working past their limit;
- The warning signs and signals that often precede making costly mistakes;
- What NOT to do when you’re overworked;
- How family commitments can particularly make lawyers vulnerable to being overstretched; and
- How to prioritize your to-do list to avoid making a career-altering or career-ending mistake.
ENJOY THE SHOW?
Don’t miss an episode, follow on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and everywhere else you find podcasts!